Under the direct supervision of the Field Training Officer (FTO) and Shift Sergeant, this sworn law enforcement position is responsible for: the protection of the lives, property, safety, and security of the citizens and visitors of the City of Fayetteville; to enforce the laws of the State of Tennessee and ordinances of the City of Fayetteville; and to serve all the citizens equally and impartially with "Professionalism, Integrity, Honor, and Respect", in accordance with their "Oath of Honor", the "Law Enforcement Code of Ethics", departmental General Orders, policies and procedures, as well as the mission and vision of the Fayetteville Police Department
- Shall be a United States citizen (certified Birth Certificate or other certified legal document if naturalized).
- Must be 18 years-of-age by the application closing date.
- Shall have graduated from High School or obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) recognized by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- No applicant shall be considered if they have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States, and a certified DD214 shall be submitted to verify such.
- No applicant shall have any misdemeanor or felony conviction that prohibits the carrying of any legal firearm.
- Must have a valid Driver License on the date of application, and a valid Tennessee Driver License by the hire date All applicants will have an in-depth background investigation conducted by the FPD Criminal Investigation Division, and have no history of any felony arrest, nor have been convicted of or pled guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any charge, or to any violation of any Federal or State laws.
- It is preferred, not required, that applicants be Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified, and in current compliance and good-standing with TN P.O.S.T. If not certified, applicant must be able to complete a 12 week basic police course at the Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Center, to be paid for by the department.
Must pass a drug screen and psychological examination.